Sunday, August 15, 2010

Photos

I finally decided to post some pictures. I am quite lazy when it comes to photos so with permission, I included a few that my host sister took, as well as some my honorary sister/fellow exchange friend Naomi took. I also took some. I start language camp tonight, and start school after that, so I may not blog as frequently from now on.

My house minus the garage:

Some delicious salmon (lax) I ate in Jönköping, in a lakeside restaurant


The city of Jönköping, where my host mom works. It is about 45 minutes from my home. It is next the second largest lake in Sweden called Lake Vättern.

Making meatballs (köttbullar)


Going on a walk in Ulricehamn on the shores of Lake Åsunden


Here I am doing quality control on the red currant (röda vinbär) cake Naomi and I made. We picked the currants as well.

A cute dog we met yesterday. The owner was a girl my age who is very nice.

7 comments:

  1. martha these are wonderful!!! i love seeing your house--it is so beautiful. the food looks very good too :] and i love the pictures of you making the meatballs and doing the "quality control" :] it looks so relaxing and peaceful there, but you're obviously doing a lot too! keep on having fun and enjoying yourself--i'll try to actually write you an email once i'm in italy! thanks for being a great friend :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha: I am enjoying your site. Good luck in language camp - I hope they don't teach you any bad words!
    Love, Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog IS so cute!!! And your house looks absolutely lovely. Glad your having such a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Martha. This is Carina's mom. I really enjoyed reading all the entries on your blog and seeing all your stages of adventure. What marvelous insights you are having. Your pictures are awesome, too. I hope you have a fantastic year and will continue to grow and learn and discover the wonderful country Sweden is. Lycka till med skolan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha,
    Thanks for sharing the pictures! Everything is lovely, and the food looks yummy! I hope you have a blast at language camp!!
    ~Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha -- great pictures (I love the dog!). It looks like you are living in a beautiful part of the world. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Martha,

    I know you only through your blog, which I found via Anya Zach's blog. I am intrigued with your descriptions of your experiences in Ulricehamn and elsewhere. A long long time ago, before the term "gap year" was invented, I spent a year between high school (in Mpls) and college (Carleton) and attended the folkhögskola in Sigtuna, halfway between Stockholm and Uppsala. It was a pivotal experience for me, as I am sure your year will be for you.

    Best wishes and lykka till!

    Margit Johnson in Northfield

    ReplyDelete