I still have about five months here in Sweden and seven have passed. This is a strange thought. It seems longer than that at times, but if I think about it, it feels like a week ago that I greeted with a big hug by my first host sister and host mom and felt the newness and excitement of my new life. I am coming home on the day my visa expires or a few days before depending on when my ticket is booked. There have been days when I have felt confused or exhausted, but overall this year has been a very meaningful time.
Hem ljuva hem! (Home sweet home!)
A walk home from school
Naomi and I were in the newspaper.
About a month ago, I had two exchange friends over for the weekend. We baked, had fika, and had a lovely time.
The exchange students (26) came to my city for a weekend of skiing in early Feb. Here we are in an old castle about half an hour from my city.
Rehearsal for the musikal Ringo. I am in the back. We have our premier tomorrow.
Copenhagen! I went for a day with my host dad and sister. My host aunt is a producer at Det Kongelige Teater. I saw My Fair Lady in Danish and got to walk behind the stage at both the old theater house and the new opera house. She lives in Malmö which is a short trip over the sea. It was fun few days but rather cold and windy.
The beautiful old theater house.
Malmö-the view from my host aunt's flat.
The Leaning Torso, a new building in Malmö.
The bridge to Denmark.
Not the most flattering-but evidence that I was in fact in Malmö.




martha i loved reading this, as always! i especially loved your comment "i think i have an obsession with baking" and i love that you were in the newspaper with naomi :] the pictures are great too, keep on having a fabulous time!
ReplyDelete