Sunday, July 17, 2011

Euro Tour!

I have just returned from a tour around Europe with about 80 other exchange students from all over the world all living in Sweden. I feel so lucky to have been a part of this trip and I am in awe of some of the sights I got to see as well as the people I befriended during these seventeen days. I went to Germany (Berlin), Poland (Cracow), Czech Republic (Prague), Austria (Zell Am See), Italy (Lido di Jesolo and Venice), France (Paris), and Belgium (Brussels). I am exhausted but very happy after this adventure. I enjoyed all of the cities, but especially loved the long hike and rest we got in the stunning Austrian Alps.

I am enjoying my last hurrah here in Sweden and I will be home in just over a week. That is just strange.

Germany


 The East Side Gallery-a restored part of the Berlin Wall with murals on the other side to memorialize the former division in Germany.

Poland

Cracow: The home city of Pope John Paul II
One of the most meaningful parts about visiting Poland was visiting Auschwitz. I didn't take pictures because it felt wrong. It was a very important experience. I left feeling exhausted and sick to my stomach.

The Czech Republic

I am proud to call the Czech Republic one of my ancestral homes.

Austria
Salzburg: The birthplace of Mozart


The view after a long hike.

Victorious after a three hour hike in the Austrian Alps

Italy

Lido di Jesolo



Venice 

France

The Louvre

Sacré-Coeur Basilica

Belgium 
Brussels

The Group
Brandenburg Gate. I already miss this group, even though I only met most of them in the last quarter of my exchange. They helped make it a fulfilling year. Their support and friendship has been irreplaceable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment