Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, at around 11 am, I will be leaving my green foursquare home and I will officially begin my adventures in Sweden. I will land in Sweden around 1 pm on the 29th of July. (Swedish time)

I am surprised how quickly this date arrived. I am glad my mother was rather adamant that I begin packing a few weeks before my departure. July was rather stressful, but it has paid off.

My goal is to update my blog weekly or biweekly. I don't want to be glued to the screen, so I will not be using facebook for several weeks after my arrival, and I will be reducing my summer computer usage in general.

I am sure everything will work out. I am trying not to make myself too nervous. I am not sure what the next few days, weeks, or even year, for that matter, will hold, but I am excited and hopeful. I will be meeting my host family, wishing my host sister a good year in the U.S after about five days, and then attending a week long language camp before school starts in late August. That is all I know.

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog. Good luck to the Rotary students who will be leaving in the next days and in August and September. Good luck to the students beginning college this year, and good look to everyone else! I look forward to keeping in touch.

Med vänliga hälsningar,
Martha

7 comments:

  1. Good luck again, Martha!
    It makes complete sense that you don't want to be glued to the screen all the time, but I do hope that you post pictures of your host family and new town :) I can't wait to hear about all of your sure-to-be-fabulous adventures!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Martha. Be ready for anything. You're going into this with a great mindset. It's gonna be a good time, and I'm excited to see how it ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha!!
    Today is the day, the beginning of your Swedish adventures! I cannot put into words how incredibly excited I am for you!!!! You are in for the adventure of a lifetime, and I know you will do well with everything that comes your way. I am looking forward to following your adventures through this blog. Good luck with your travels to Sweden and the new life as a Swedish teenager that awaits you there!
    ~Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK MARTHA!!! I can't wait to hear how everything goes in these first weeks and beyond- you are going to have so much fun, and i agree with Caitlin... pictures please!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trevlig resa, kära Martha! Hoppas att de första veckor är lärorik och spännande. Vi hörs!
    MVH,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. MARTHA FROM THE SOUTH!!!
    you are one of the coolest people i know and i KNOW that sverige is going to be a wonderful place for you. it may not always be easy, but that's where the fun part comes in, right? :] i know you're going to be an amazing ambassador to sweden, and i'm not worried about you being glued to the screen--you'll be having too much fun! but, like caitlin, i just want to see pictures!!! haha so relax and enjoy the ride :] it's going to be great, and you are going to rock :] LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOOOD LUUUCK MARRTHA!!! :) :)
    You'll do wonderfully!! I'm really excited to read ALL about it!!
    You are going to have a wonderful time and I'm sure you'll have great stories to share!! Hope your travels went well!

    ReplyDelete