Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 28

July 28. This is the day I leave my home in Northfield, Minnesota, and I embark on an exciting and unpredictable journey.

Today I received my travel itinerary. I will be flying from Minneapolis to Chicago to London, (not Munich as my original itinerary said), finally arriving on the 29th of July in Göteborg, Sweden to be greeted by my host family. Then I will drive an hour to my new home just outside Ulricehamn. My host sister Elin will leave only a few days later to begin her youth exchange adventures in the States.  I will be flying with a fellow Northfield youth exchange student to Göteborg, which will make the flights and transfers much less nerve-wracking. We will be in the same Rotary district but not town.

I have less than a month in Northfield before I leave, and I know it will go fast. I am excited, hopeful, and optimistic, but I am also nervous much of the time. I have never done anything like this. This program will definitely make me venture out of what I’m comfortable and accustomed to, but this is what I want. I am enjoying my last weeks in Minnesota, and I can’t wait to step foot in Sweden.

Martha 

No comments:

Post a Comment